404 forum

Discussion about 404

Back to the main 404 site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you are trying to register, please email gareth@anypuzzle.com - new registrations are currently locked to minimize spam.
Posting rules
  • Please do not post solutions to puzzles, but rather post hints as appropriate in response to queries
  • Type [spoiler] ... [/spoiler] around the outside of any hints so they can't be read by accident - e.g. [spoiler]have you tried looking at the corner of the page?[/spoiler]

#1 2019-11-26 16:52:29

Rolytic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 23

Quick question

▼Spoiler

Are we looking to travel via helicopter or by taxi?

Or am I totally off the mark?

Offline

#2 2019-11-26 17:16:38

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Quick question

Rolytic wrote:
▼Spoiler

Are we looking to travel via helicopter or by taxi?

Or am I totally off the mark?

▼Spoiler

Tried the same. Ended up over-thinking how to interpret the result: futhark runes? Ancient Euboan greek? This way madness lies.

Offline

#3 2019-11-27 10:47:52

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

Re: Quick question

Can lines cross?

Offline

#4 2019-11-27 11:10:02

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Quick question

Becky_P wrote:

Can lines cross?

▼Spoiler

No, as there will be no lines.

Offline

#5 2019-11-28 14:16:40

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

Re: Quick question

winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:

Can lines cross?

▼Spoiler

No, as there will be no lines.

Moles....

▼Spoiler

hmm so I guess we are talking wormholes.... or possibly the common illustration of explaining them

Offline

#6 2019-11-28 14:27:29

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: Quick question

Becky_P wrote:
winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:

Can lines cross?

▼Spoiler

No, as there will be no lines.

Moles....

▼Spoiler

hmm so I guess we are talking wormholes.... or possibly the common illustration of explaining them

As I said, I was seriously overthinking this.

▼Spoiler

Then my younger one looked at it and said "that looks like ***". It's not quite child's play, but still... Definitely no wormholes involved.

Offline

#7 2019-11-29 06:42:12

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

Re: Quick question

winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:
winterer wrote:
▼Spoiler

No, as there will be no lines.

Moles....

▼Spoiler

hmm so I guess we are talking wormholes.... or possibly the common illustration of explaining them

As I said, I was seriously overthinking this.

▼Spoiler

Then my younger one looked at it and said "that looks like ***". It's not quite child's play, but still... Definitely no wormholes involved.

▼Spoiler

so no lines, no paper folding. Some roads look like letters.. but no lines so... Requires joined up thinking but not involving these...

hmmm

Offline

#8 2019-12-03 21:56:42

Rolytic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 23

Re: Quick question

Stepped away from this for some time. Finally got it. Extra hint below

▼Spoiler

I found it helpful to think of the darker rectangles as DIY craft project. (Good projects give you instructions on how to put something together)

Map layout is a red herring

Offline

#9 2020-09-11 07:07:38

AcidBurn39
Member
Registered: 2020-08-11
Posts: 120

Re: Quick question

SOLVED

▼Spoiler

Think of a game where you need to combine pairs of wooden tiles..
Map layout is a red herring

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB