404 forum

Discussion about 404

Back to the main 404 site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you are trying to register, please email gareth@anypuzzle.com - new registrations are currently locked to minimize spam.
Posting rules
  • Please do not post solutions to puzzles, but rather post hints as appropriate in response to queries
  • Type [spoiler] ... [/spoiler] around the outside of any hints so they can't be read by accident - e.g. [spoiler]have you tried looking at the corner of the page?[/spoiler]

#1 2019-11-26 12:59:29

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

The root of the problem

I have found the root.  but what do I apply it to?  Nothing I do makes sense

Offline

#2 2019-11-26 21:18:56

Rolytic
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 23

Re: The root of the problem

I'm with you, Becky.

▼Spoiler

I have no idea how I'm supposed to get 13 letters from three (half of six)

Offline

#3 2019-11-27 07:59:31

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: The root of the problem

Rolytic wrote:

I'm with you, Becky.

▼Spoiler

I have no idea how I'm supposed to get 13 letters from three (half of six)

You're basically there, but "the closer you look, the less you see".
Look again.

Offline

#4 2019-11-27 11:50:54

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

Re: The root of the problem

Rolytic wrote:

I'm with you, Becky.

▼Spoiler

I have no idea how I'm supposed to get 13 letters from three (half of six)

▼Spoiler

instruction 6 has 13 letters.  Beyond that I am stuck

Offline

#5 2019-11-30 16:25:02

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: The root of the problem

Becky_P wrote:
Rolytic wrote:

I'm with you, Becky.

▼Spoiler

I have no idea how I'm supposed to get 13 letters from three (half of six)

▼Spoiler

instruction 6 has 13 letters.  Beyond that I am stuck

▼Spoiler

In case you're still stuck here: Rolytic asked how to get the required number of letters from three. Isn't that obvious how to do that?

Offline

#6 2019-12-12 10:08:29

Becky_P
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 31

Re: The root of the problem

winterer wrote:
Becky_P wrote:
Rolytic wrote:

I'm with you, Becky.

▼Spoiler

I have no idea how I'm supposed to get 13 letters from three (half of six)

▼Spoiler

instruction 6 has 13 letters.  Beyond that I am stuck

▼Spoiler

In case you're still stuck here: Rolytic asked how to get the required number of letters from three. Isn't that obvious how to do that?

I have been away for a while.  Wasn't sure if it was half of the instruction or rearrange what you said

Offline

#7 2019-12-17 09:02:58

winterer
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 126

Re: The root of the problem

Becky_P wrote:

I have been away for a while.  Wasn't sure if it was half of the instruction or rearrange what you said

▼Spoiler

You've got to take half of what you initially found. That will point you somewhere. You'll have to rearrange that. It'll have the required number of letters.

Offline

#8 2019-12-31 13:10:19

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: The root of the problem

where is the root of the problem???

Offline

#9 2020-09-11 10:32:27

AcidBurn39
Member
Registered: 2020-08-11
Posts: 120

Re: The root of the problem

▼Spoiler

I get that the ? on left side is 36
So how to go form there??

Offline

#10 2020-09-11 13:18:42

mcwuzzy
Member
Registered: 2020-01-27
Posts: 34

Re: The root of the problem

▼Spoiler

First find the value of the ?

▼Spoiler

So that is the problem, now take the root of the problem

▼Spoiler

This leads to instruction 6, rearrange half

▼Spoiler

This means to rearrange the instruction at 3 (half of six and rather silly logic imho) 

▼Spoiler

Hopefully you will get a thirteen letter word ( relates to butterflies )

Offline

#11 2020-09-13 14:57:59

AcidBurn39
Member
Registered: 2020-08-11
Posts: 120

Re: The root of the problem

SOLVED
Thank you mcwuzzy

mcwuzzy wrote:
▼Spoiler

First find the value of the ?

▼Spoiler

So that is the problem, now take the root of the problem

▼Spoiler

This leads to instruction 6, rearrange half

▼Spoiler

This means to rearrange the instruction at 3 (half of six and rather silly logic imho) 

▼Spoiler

Hopefully you will get a thirteen letter word ( relates to butterflies )

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB