404 forum

Discussion about 404

Back to the main 404 site

You are not logged in.

Announcement

If you are trying to register, please email gareth@anypuzzle.com - new registrations are currently locked to minimize spam.
Posting rules
  • Please do not post solutions to puzzles, but rather post hints as appropriate in response to queries
  • Type [spoiler] ... [/spoiler] around the outside of any hints so they can't be read by accident - e.g. [spoiler]have you tried looking at the corner of the page?[/spoiler]

#1 2019-12-31 21:51:47

Cpostano
Member
Registered: 2019-12-31
Posts: 25

I have figured out the letter coords but the results make no sense

▼Spoiler

I have figured out how to get the coordinates from NO CENSORSHIP but when I plot them on the grid the letters I get don't make a recognizable word. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Last edited by Cpostano (2019-12-31 21:52:47)

Offline

#2 2020-01-01 10:46:39

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: I have figured out the letter coords but the results make no sense

▼Spoiler

n-o, c-e and so on. You will come with a 6 letter word. First letter c.

Offline

#3 2020-01-01 15:57:26

Cpostano
Member
Registered: 2019-12-31
Posts: 25

Re: I have figured out the letter coords but the results make no sense

▼Spoiler

ok so here's what I have for NO is 14,15, which when I follow that on the coords gets me the letter A. I'm obviously off track here, any other suggestions?

Offline

#4 2020-01-01 18:23:52

Alex55
Member
Registered: 2019-11-18
Posts: 121

Re: I have figured out the letter coords but the results make no sense

▼Spoiler

..n and o meet at letter c. c and e at letter r.

Offline

#5 2020-01-01 18:37:48

kite
Member
Registered: 2019-11-29
Posts: 13

Re: I have figured out the letter coords but the results make no sense

▼Spoiler

It is frustratingly easy to overthink this one. There is no need to translate to numbers, just use what's already there for your x and y axis labels.

Offline

#6 2020-01-01 18:49:47

Cpostano
Member
Registered: 2019-12-31
Posts: 25

Re: I have figured out the letter coords but the results make no sense

Finally figured it out....man I really overcomplicated that one....thanks everyone!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB